Today I’m excited to share insights with you about events I’ll be hosting in March, to celebrate International Craft Month.
Tomorrow, March lst, several blogging friends are joining me in a kick-off event to Celebrate International Craft Month. We’ll be sharing tips, tutorials and inspirational projects to help get you in the mood to take time to be crafty in March. I want to recognize and thank Aurifil, Fat Quarter Shop, Martingale, Dragon Threads, ASF Lighting/Beam N Read , The Wooden Bear, Timeless Treasures, and Fons & Porter for sponsoring this event.
We have 21 prizes to giveaway and everyone can enter by simply visiting one or all of the blogs. Come back tomorrow to get the line up, see the prizes, as well as find out about an easy craft project that can help you organize your craft room.
Every Saturday in March, I’m hosting a Linky Party for a Charity Fundraiser to benefit Cystic Fibrosis. This will be a virtual party where you can doodle (e.g. on paper, or what ever), free-motion quilt, use mixed media, or machine embroidery and share what you create via our open Linky Party, to help inspire and encourage others. Think of it as a #DoodleAlong, #CreateAlong, #FMQAlong, #StitchAlong Party all month long.
The fun will be using beautiful Mandala designs by Maureen Russell, of Beautiful Machine Embroidery Designs. To clarify, Maureen has created machine embroider designs as well as templates that can be downloaded via PDF format, for those that wish to use these Mandala designs for doodling on paper (or whatever), as well as use for free-motion quilting, or mixed media arts.
The possibilities of what you can create are endless, but technically you need not create anything to help. And all proceeds will benefit the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation.
Sponsors for this Charity Fundraiser include: Aurifil, Martingale, Dragon Threads, ASF Lighting Solutions/Beam N Read, Fat Quarter Shop, Schiffer Publishing, The Wooden Bear and Sweet Peas and Angels.
As a charity fundraiser, this virtual event will have a variety of options to enter. Entries to win prizes are based on donations of $10 AU (about $7 US) for each virtual raffle ticket entry.
- Purchase and download PDF templates of Mandala designs that you can use for doodling, free-motion quilting, or mixed media designs – possibilities of what you can do with these designs are endless. These downloadable PDF files will be available at Beautiful Embroidery Designs on March lst. Each $10 AU purchase qualifies as one virtual raffle ticket entry.
- You need not stitch or doodle anything in March, using these templates, but we hope you will do so and share via a linky Party that QuiltShopGal will host in March. These Mandala designs are perfect for doodling, as well as free-motion quilting.
- Purchase the Mandala machine embroidery designs, by Maureen Russell, at $50 AU (about $35 US) to get three virtual raffle
- You need not stitch anything in March, but QuiltShopGal will be hosting a #StitchAlong in March for these designs, showing how to make a table runner or wallhanging, but the possibilities are endless for what you can create with these designs. And, participants will be encouraged to share their progress via a Linky Party in March.
- Make a donation via PayPal, for any amount you wish to help raise funds for the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation. For simplicity, donations can be made to (what is Maureen’s PayPal email address), but must be tagged as “Cystic Fibrosis Charity Fundraiser” in the comments. For every $10 AU that you donate in March, you’ll be awarded a virtual raffle ticket to win prizes.
note: While QuiltShopGal is hosting this fundraiser, all funds raised will go thru Maureen Russell, or her Beautiful Embroidery Designs site. She’ll compile a list of those that make general donations for CF by way of her PayPal account, those that purchase the PDF Mandala templates, as well as those that purchase her beautiful Justin’s Magic Mandala embroidery design collections. And, she’ll provide me the names of such individuals and I will issue them virtual raffle tickets to win 20+ prizes generously donated by sponsors.
PR Angeles that can help spread the word about this charity fundraiser are greatly appreciated. Don’t forget you may have non-quilting friends that might want to donate to help the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation, by making a donation in your name, whereby you could win the quilty prize! So be sure to let all your family and friends know! And, for bloggers that wish to help increase awareness, you have my permission to copy and share any of the info and images in this post, that you wish.
Don’t forget to this event starts on Saturday, March 5th. But you can visit Beautiful Embroidery Designs to purchase the Mandala machine embroidery design collection anytime between now thru the end of March to obtain virtual raffle tickets. If you want to purchase the PDF Mandala templates for doodling, free-motion quilting, mixed media art, etc., you can contact Maureen. I’ll also share once she has these files set up for purchase via her online store. Lastly, don’t forget you can contact Maureen if you wish to make a general donation to CF, thru her PayPal account, but get virtual raffle tickets to win prizes.
Want to learn more about Cystic Fibrosis? Visit the CF Foundation online.
You can find Beautiful Embroidery Designs at:
Lastly, I’ll be hosting a CRAFTY GOODNESS BLOG HOP week of March 21st with a variety of blogging friends. More info on this soon.
I do hope you’ll enjoy March and find time to be crafty!