Today I want to share insights about a new class “Stencil and Sew A Makeup Bag”, by Anna Joyce, available at Creativebug, which I think is a fun creative class perfect for almost all levels of creative individuals and ages. Definitely a perfect class that could be #kidfriendly for mature kids, possibly assisted by an adult depending on their age.
During this class, Anna teaches you how to create a stencil, how to stencil on canvas, basic sewing skills, working with leather type products, how to box corners, as well as a super easy way to sew a zipper.
About Anna Joyce
Textile artist Anna Joyce’s design process is intuitive, relaxed, and rooted in the belief that we should live with color and pattern every day. Inspired by vintage fabric, folk art, shapes in nature, and exciting new color combinations, Joyce’s distinctive style showcases the mark of the artist’s hand.
Her work has been featured in print in Real Simple, Anthology, and Lucky magazines, and online on Apartment Therapy, Design*Sponge, and sfgirlbybay. She sells her work online at annajoycedesign.com, and in shops around the world.
Anna’s first book on handprinting and painting patterns, Stamp Stencil Paint was published in September, 2015 by STC Craft.
This class showcases a super cute stenciled zipper pouch project that is perfect for all levels of creative individuals. Also makes a great gift.
Also, this class and project would make for a fun project for kids that you want to introduce to stenciling and sewing. Anna does a great job going over every step of the process:
- great overview of the supplies and tools, as well as how they will be used
- how to prepare and cut a stencil manually (but for those that have electronic cutters, or die cutting machines, you could also use techniques in this class to create stencils using your modern tools).
- tips for working with leather type fabrics
- easy approach for installing a zipper
- the downloadable PDF with provides a list of supplies and the stencil for this project, although you could easily adapt almost any design you wish to stencil, but for newbies, I do recommend you first try stenciling using the design provided in this class.
Creativebug provides many options to view this class:
- subscribers can purchase membership by month or year and during your subscription you get access to view all past, current and future video classes that are released during your subscription. You also get to archive for future viewing, 1 class per month of your subscription to view anytime after your subscription has expired. For example, if you have a year membership, you get to pick and save 12 classes to watch over and over again, forever!
- purchase a class. To clarify, non-subscribers can purchase specific classes that they are interested in. Note: I truly think there is greater value to subscribers, but for some this option may be appropriate.
You can find Creativebug at:
You can find Anna Joyce at: