Welcome to the kick off of the Ultimate Quilting Challenge, hosted by QuiltShopGal this summer. This first of three Linky Parties is all about showing off past quilt projects to help inspire and encourage others to continue to learn and improve their free-motion quilting skills, as well as have fun. Ok – are you wondering how much fun you’ll have IF you have not made such a project? Trust me, this Linky Party is going to be loads of fun and inspiration and we’ll have two different Linky Parties before this challenge is over, so keep reading….
We’ll have plenty of sharing, tips and tutorials shared along the way, as well as our generous sponsors will create some added fun, as everyone that participate will have chances to win prizes.
Our sponsors for this event include, but are not limited to:
This summer, everyone is invited to participate in The Ultimate Free-Motion Quilting Challenge. Quilters of all levels, from those new to free-motion quilting, those confident but want to practice and learn, those that are comfortable, as well as award winning quilters are invited to participate. We’ll have plenty of sharing, tips and tutorials shared along the way, as well as our generous sponsors will create some added fun, as everyone that participate will have chances to win prizes.
Our Linky Parties are open up to bloggers and non-bloggers, but please take time to read the entire blog post, especially the rules, before you add a link, or you may find your entry is removed.
RULES TO ENTER THIS CHALLENGE:
- Bloggers and non-bloggers are eligible to enter:
- Bloggers need to share their entry in a current post, dated during this event (links to old posts will be removed). Not required, but appreciated if you also let others know about this Ultimate FMQ Challenge and include a link in your post. Of course, you can share more than one project with as many photos and insights as you wish to share, but only one link per person.
- Non-Bloggers have a variety of ways to share, but they need to ensure that they only share one link in the linky post. Depending on the tool you use to share, you can reference that you are participating in this event and clarify if you have additional photos that can be viewed. For example, if you upload to Flickr you can link one picture, but share more via a folder, just be sure your security is open to anyone to view. You can also share via uploading to Pinterest, or other free online sites, but you do need to ensure the site you upload your photo entry is open so that anyone can view it. To eliminate the risk of having your link deleted, consider asking others to check for you.
- You can only share a project previously made in this linky party (not all three).
- When you share a project in any of the three Linky Parties for this event you are giving permission for QuiltShopGal and Cindy Needham to share a picture of your project, to recognize you, on our blogs, Pinterest, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram accounts.
- Prizes will be randomly awarded the last week of September.
OTHER LINKY PARTIES PLANNED FOR THIS CHALLENGE:
- SKETCH/DOODLE Challenge: Kicks of July 15th, with a Linky Party, where you can use the templates for the Ultimate Stencil Collection to sketch out your design ideas, share and inspire others. Sharing is open to any design possibility with the Ultimate Stencil, regardless if you stitch it out or not. Of course, if you stitch it out, we hope you’ll share that too!
- VIRTUAL QUILT SHOW – PROJECTS MADE THIS SUMMER Kicks off August 15th, with a Linky Party, for those that create a project, of any size, any style this summer and show that you have used one or more of the stencils, from the Ultimate Stencil Collection, by Cindy Needham. Don’t overlook the fact you can start working on your project now, as you need not wait to August 15th to start!
- VOTING FOR YOUR FAVORITE Quilts (from all Linky Parties during this event) will be held the week of September 19th.
- Prizes randomly awarded the last week of September.
To clarify all entries must incorporate The Ultimate Stencil Collection and/ or The Ultimate Background Stencil Collection, by Cindy Needham. The design possibilities with these stencils are endless, but if you feel stumped with what to create, throughout the summer, you’ll find tips, some tutorials, as well as many inspirational projects to help you learn/improve your FMQ skills.
The design possibilities are endless with these stencils. Cindy also has a great collection of inspirational ideas for these stencils on Pinterest.
Here is a message from Cindy:
Hi Everyone! I’m thrilled to be joining you once again for yet another FMQ challenge. I thoroughly enjoyed the first one and am looking forward to seeing what you come up with for your projects. I am trying to post as many of my students’ projects as possible using The Ultimate Stencils on my Pinterest page. If you would be interested in having me post YOUR project please send me a photo via email (firstname.lastname@example.org). You can access my Pinterest page via the home page of my website and be inspired by designs for your own project. Thank you and I’m excited to see what you come up with!
Hugs, Cindy 🙂
There are many prizes that our generous sponsors have donated, including some great prizes that will be eligible for International participants, not just US Only participants. A detailed list of prizes is at the bottom of this post.
PRIZES FOR THE ULTIMATE FREE-MOTION QUILTING CHALLENGE THIS SUMMER:
Note: We hope you are inspired to participate in this event to learn/improve your FMQ skills and have fun, not just to win prizes. On the other hand, we have some very generous sponsors who have donated amazing prizes that will be awarded to those that participate in one or all of these events. To clarify, the more events you participate in the more chances you’ll have to win prizes. You may also win prizes for Viewer’s Choice, which will open in September for all three Linky Parties.
|Martingale||Five new release books (to be announced later this summer)
QuiltShopGal will ship these prizes, one each, to five lucky winners. A maximum of 1 winner will be an International winner, with a minimum of 4 winners that are US only residents.
|Prize #1, #2, #3, #4, #5|
|Craftsy||A Craftsy class of your choice. This prize is open to WW participants.||Prize #6 winner – Tba|
|FabricWorm|| A Fat Quarter bundle of Birch Fabrics. Specific details are not yet available, but bundle is estimated at $35-95.
This prize is open to WW participants.
|Prize #7 winner – Tba|
|Inspired LED||5 LED kits, one each
These prizes are open to US only participants.
|Prize #8, #9, #10, #11, #12 winner – Tba|
|Robert Kaufman Fabrics||A beautiful bundle of Radiance, 1 yard cuts of four different colors. This prize is open to US only participants.||Prize #13 winner – Tba|
|Aurifil|| Sewn Desert thread collection:
– 1 large Spool collection
– 1 small spool collection
These prizes are open to WW participants.
|Prize #14, and 15 winner – Tba|
|SewSteady||Ruler Foot and templates for FMQ with a ruler on a domestic machine. As the ruler foot is machine specific, the winner will receive a gift certificate that they can redeem for this prize. More details on this prize will be shared shortly.||Prize #16 – winner tba|
PR Angels that can help spread the word about this 2016 Free-Motion Quilting Summer Challenge are certainly appreciated.
If you have any questions, please email me and I will try to get back to you as quickly as I can, but be prepared it may be 7-10 days before you hear back from me. Thus, I also encourage you to add a comment on this post and I’m hoping others may also help out by replying to your comment, should I not be able to respond in a timely manner (bless those that help others).
Here is a list of previous posts #UltimateQuiltingChallenge: