This is our first official #CreativeGoodness Linky Party in March. Who is being creative in green? Anyone ready for Spring? To celebrate National Crafting Month, are you trying to create using new mediums, or spend more time being creative? What ever you do, I hope you are having fun being creative and able to share with us this week, to help inspire!
I’ve been off researching various forms of creativity and having fun celebrating International Craft Month. Regular blog followers are probably noticing I’ve been sharing a variety of creative things this month and I have plans to share more, as well as host giveaways to celebrate International Craft Month too!
The #CreativeGoodness Linky Party last week had an optional theme of Reds, Pinks or Valentines, as well as Greens, St. Patricks Day, #KidFriendlyProjects (National Craft Month). There was so much creativity shared that I had a blast, and I’m absolutely thrilled to hear from many that also enjoyed the sharing!
Today I want to recognize the sweet Valentine’s theme project from Carol of Sew EZ Quilting. Carol made a really cute birthday banner for her 1 year old granddaughter, but designed it to be able to be used to celebrate just about every birthday for 90 years. Definitely some creative ideas and tips shared in her entry post. These are really cute banners, which make a great way to celebrate birthdays, but could easily be applied to a variety of celebrations (e.g. Anniversaries, Congratulations, Holidays, etc.).
Carol has a creative blog (SewEZ Quilting), as well as a great online store. She also travels and has a booth in many quilt shows. I do hope you’ll pop by and check out her blog, online store and definitely say hi to her if you have a chance to meet her at a quilt show.
Have I Mentioned “Surprise Giveaways”?
While I really want these events to be all about creating, sharing, inspiring and not about winning prizes, I’ve been trying to have surprise giveaways every month. You may not always know when, or what, but 5 people who participate will be randomly selected to win a prize every month. Some have received quilty books, some crafty books, some handmade items (e.g. fabric envelopes filled with hearts). These prizes are my little way of saying Thank You for sharing your creativity and inspiring!
While there will be five lucky winners of surprise prizes in March, one lucky winner will receive a copy of “Little Gems: 15 Paper-Pieced Miniature Quilts“, by Connie Kauffman, compliments of Martingale.
Two participants will receive a package of Eco-Fi Plus Premium Felt. Click here for more info on this recycled felt.
Two other participants will receive a “surprise prize”, of a very little handmade item from me.
Want to win? IF you participated in one or more of the linky parties, in March (or over the prior 4 week period before I randomly draw winners), you will automatically be entered to win.
BTW – I have added a matrix of giveaways, for these Linky Parties, to the main page for this event, but still need to finish updating it to show past winners and prizes. You can find this under the blog header by clicking on EVENTS > #CREATIVEGOODNESS > LINKY PARTIES, This helps my organizational skills, so I don’t lose sight of things, and I hope will also help participants see who the lucky winners are. Also, I will notify winners by email, to get their mailing info to mail them their prize. These prizes are also open to WW participants.
Optional Theme: In March, as always you can share anything you have created and you need not worry about a theme. It just needs to be something you created and want to share with others to inspire them. You may want to include tips, tutorials, recipes, etc. Totally up to you. Of course, as having themes can be fun, in March we have several “optional themes” March: Greens, St. Patricks Day, #KidFriendlyProjects and to honor National Craft Month, ANY FORM OF #CraftyGoodness is welcome.
1) Sharing is open to old projects (old blog posts), but new projects(new blogposts) are also appreciated. While not required, QuiltShopGal encourages participants to recognize the designers, source of patterns, websites, etc., and share any information to help those inspired to be able to create a similar project. After all, “Inspiration” is what our linky parties are all about, as well as creating and sharing.
2) Non-bloggers can participate in weekly linky parties by using Flickr.com and uploading a photo of their projects to a Flickr group “CreativeGoodness“. They can upload as many photos as they want to share to this Flickr group, but they are only allowed to link 5 photos to the linky party (any weekly linky party). And, once they’ve lined a photo they can not share that link in future linky parties. Links shared must also fit the weekly theme for the respective weekly linky party.
3) When you join one of these linky parties, you automatically give me approval to snag a picture from your post, whereby I can share it in a future post with a link on my blog to highlight your project. To clarify, each week I will happily showcase a participant from the prior weeks’ linky party.
A new linky party will be hosted on QuiltShopGal every Friday. I hope you’ll come join the fun. Next week will be our last weekly party in February and I’ll announce 5 winners, whose names will be randomly drawn from all participants since prizes were announced in January, to receive “surprise prizes”.
Email QuiltShopGal if you have questions at Darlene at quiltshopgal dot com. Of course, I’d also like to hear any suggestions you may have too!
This week, as well as for all future linky parties, any #CreativeGoodness sharing will always be welcome regardless of the theme. You decide. But each month will have a theme where you can share anything you feel fits the theme in any of the linky parties that month. Tutorials are also very welcome. You decide what you want to share, what type of creative project you want to inspire others with, and you will never be limited to a theme. But, at the same time, there will be opportunities to share themed projects.
– March: Greens, St. Patricks Day, #KidFriendlyProjects (National Craft Month)
– April: Pastels, Spring, Easter
– May: Blues, Greens, Creams, Flowers
– June: Whites, Brides,Weddings, Anniversaries, #KidfriendlyProjects,#SummerCampCreativeGoodness
– July: Red, White and Blues (Patriotic), #KidfriendlyProjects, #SummerCampCreativeGoodness
– August: Summer Colors, #KidfriendlyProjects, #SummerCampCreativeGoodness
– September: Primatives, #FallGoodness
– October: Orange, Black, Purples
– November: Primatives, Browns and Blacks
– December: Holidays, Sweets, Blues, Silver, Reds, Greens, Whites, #GlitterGoodness
- #CreativeGoodness Linky Party – December 18th
- #CreativeGoodness Linky Party – December 11th
- #CreativeGoodness Linky Party – December 4th
- #CreativeGoodness Linky Party – November 27th
- #CreativeGoodness Linky Party – November 20th
- #CreativeGoodness Linky Party – November 13th
- #CreativeGoodness Linky Party – November 6th
- #CreativeGoodness Linky Party – October 30th
- #CreativeGoodness Linky Party – October 23rd
- #CreativeGoodness Linky Party – October 16th
FAQ: Click here for my FAQ list.