party last week was #SweetGoodness.
Thank you for everyone who shared their favorite #SweetGoodness projects and inspired others, as well as to those of you who shared tutorials. Today I’m delighted to showcase one of the participants that shared an inspirational project with us:
Juanita (CatMama), a non-blogger, shared a super cute video of her grandson “Johnny” opening up a gift of a quilt she had made for him. This video definitely captures #SweetGoodness with his delight over the cute quilt that Juanita made using a free pattern from FatCat Patterns called “Dinorawr“. Unfortunately I can’t embed this video in this post, but I want to encourage everyone to click thru and watch the sweet video Juanita shared. I think you’ll also smile with delight of #SweetGoodness from watching it: https://www.flickr.com/photos/48664145@N06/15439598533/in/pool-2726702@N25/
The theme for the party this week is #FamilyGoodness. And I certainly hope everyone will share some #CreativeGoodness this week, that works with this theme. Open your door to imagination and creativity. Maybe ask your family for recommendations on what you should share. I bet many of you will quickly realize you have oodles of things to share, as well as to inspire others too! Still, I’ve listed a few items below that are hope to get creative individuals, that might be stumped, thinking about things they could share for the theme this week.
Our weekly parties are all about creativity, of all forms, where bloggers and non-bloggers are invited to link up and share what they have created, to inspire others. Any form of creating is welcome so long as you created it, which includes something you designed, created from a free or purchased pattern, recipes, DIY, etc..
Create and Inspire, but this week, this post, it needs to fit with a “#FamilyGoodness” theme to share in this linky party. But the theme is pretty flexible, as it is your opinion of what is sweet goodness. Of course tips and tutorials are also appreciated, as we hope to inspire others to create goodness and joy!
If you are looking for ideas, think about #FamilyGoodness through creativity that you might find by one of the following (but this is not a criteria list, just a list to plant the seed to help some think about this theme):
– Creative items you’ve made for your family and/or items your family may have made
– #KidFriendly projects
– Wearables for the holidays ?
– DIY projects for the holidays or what ever you want to share that you feel fits the Again, all of the weekly #CreativeGoodness themed linky parties are flexible. Use your creative powers!
To join the party, simply click the linky tool below and follow the steps to add the url to your blog post or picture in the Flickr Group.
1) Your creative project can be any type of creativity which you feel is appropriate for the weekly theme. You may want to share a quilt, wallhanging, tablerunner, crochet-knit, embroidery, painted, handmade jewelry, recipe or other handmade/DIY project which you created (your own design, free or purchased pattern, recipe, etc).
2) Of course, tips and tutorials are always appreciated, but not required. If you did created your project using a free pattern, purchased pattern, or free internet tutorial, SewCalGal hopes you will share with others the info for others to also find the design info that you used to create your project.
3) Old blog posts, old projects, are all shareable. Just be sure they work with the weekly theme. And, while not required, it is certainly appreciated when bloggers share a new post that they let others know they are joining this linky party and encourage others to join the fun too! After all, the more people sharing #CreativeGoodness the more fun we’ll all have.
4) Bloggers can share new or old posts, as well as link up more than one post to any weekly linky party. The links that they share just need to fit the weekly theme. And once you share a link, you can not re-share it in future linky parties.
5) Non-bloggers can participate in weekly linky parties by using Flickr.com and uploading a photo of their projects to a Flickr group “CreativeGoodness“. They can upload as many photos as they want to share to this Flickr group, but they are only allowed to link 5 photos to the linky party (any weekly linky party). And, once they’ve lined a photo they can not share that link in future linky parties. Links shared must also fit the weekly theme for the respective weekly linky party.
6) When you join one of these linky parties, you automatically give me approval to snag a picture from your post, whereby I can share it in a future post with a link on my blog to highlight your project. To clarify, each week I will happily showcase a participant from the prior weeks’ linky party.
Next week, our theme for next week is #NewGoodness . The next Linky Party will be posted on Friday, January 6th I hope you will join the fun and share with us what #NewGoodness means to you and how it may inspire your creativity. It might be a new creative tool, book, dvd or class you received for Christmas, a new item someone made for you or you made for someone else, but for many it may be a new tip or trick that you might want to share by way of a tutorial to help others.. What ever you wish to share that you feel aligns with this theme and you want to share to inspire others is welcome.
Email QuiltShopGal if you have questions.