Welcome to another day of #SummerCamp. Every Tuesday and Thursday I’ll be sharing projects that are packed with #CreativeGoodness and are #KidFriendlyProjects and/or #FamilyFriendlyProjects. I hope to inspire you to turn this summer into a creative one for your kids, your grandkids, or any kid you have a chance to be creative with this summer. After all, they are the next generation of creative souls and we need to encourage their creativity!
I love creative books that are written by kids, sharing their ideas and insights on creativity. They are written by kids, for kids, which help kids find inspirational ideas and learn.
A Kid’s Guide to Sewing: 16 Fun Projects You’ll Love To Make and Use, by Sophie Kerr with Weeks Ringle and Bill Ker is a new book published by Fun Stitch Studio, an imprint by CT Publishing. Fun Stitch Studio is all about the next generation and they encourage kids to “Stitch Your Art Out”.
This book would make a great gift to any kid to help them be creative this summer, or create anytime. There are many fun and easy projects in this book, each with good visuals and easy to follow instructions. For more info, click here to read my review of this book.
Want to know how to join #SummerCamp?
Everyone is welcome to join #SummerCamp, but there have been a few changes due to lack of participation. To clarify, we’d love to have you participate but we no longer have a linky party to join, nor will there be prizes awarded at the end of this event. Participants are asked to share what they create on Facebook, Twitter and/or Instagram and use the Hashtag #SummerCamp.
Here is a list of links to previous posts for our virtual #SummerCamp
- #CreativeGoodness with Sizzix Fabi and New Kid Giddy Dies – Plus A Giveaway
- #SummerCamp – Books with #KidFriendlyProjects from CT Publishing
- #SummerCamp – Creative Projects, by Heidi Boyd
- #SummerCamp – Fun With Creative Books From Design Originals
- #SummerCamp – Electric Quilt / Quilt Design Software
- #SummerCamp: Capturing Summer Memories and More with MyMemories Software…Freebies and a Giveaway
- #SummerCamp – Recycled Water Bottle Flowers
- #SummerCamp: Paper Bag Houses (Think of Villages)
- #SummerCamp – Marbled Clay Beads
- #Summer Camp – The Art of Zentangle
- #SummerCamp – Learn to Quilt with Eleanor Burns – New Color Wheel Quilt Pattern
- #SummerCamp – Rock Painting
- #SummerCamp – Learn Sewing and Quilting with the Fat Quarter Shop
- #SummerCamp – Get Quilting with Angela and Cloe
- #SummerCamp – Shrink It Fun
- #SummerCamp – Chalkboard Paint
- #SummerCamp – Clothespins
- #SummerCamp – Whimsical Designs Coloring Book
- #SummerCamp – Be Creative by Embellishing a Sun Visor
- #Summer Camp – Creative Fun For Kids with Patrick Lose
- Summer Camp: Creativity with Citrus Peel
- #SummerCamp: Fabric and Designs by Jamie Fingal for Hoffman Fabrics
- #SummerCamp: Building Traps
- #SummerCamp: Quilt Pattern: Timeless Treasures Fabric, Ship to Shore, by Nan Baker
- Summer Camp – Creativity with Toilet Paper Rolls (seriously)
- Summer Camp – A Kid’s Guide To Sewing
- Summer Camp – Wooden Spool Knitting
- Summer Camp – Kick off and Tutorial by Jenny Doan of Missouri Star Quilt Company with Shannon Fabrics
- Virtual Summer Camp For Creative Kids of All Ages – Coming Soon