Welcome to another #SummerCamp where our activities today focus on the Quilt Design Wizard Software, from the Electric Quilt Company. This software is super easy to use, very economical and pretty darn versatile, making it a perfect tool for kids to be creative this summer, or anytime. And, I’m excited today to showcase this software.
First, I want to confess that I honestly love all things EQ! While Quilt Design Wizard (QDW) is an excellent entry level software program, perfect for kids of all levels to learn to quilt, I also love EQ7 and other EQ products. But today, I’m focusing on sharing insights about QDS as #SummerCamp is all about kids and this software is perfect to help kids learn to be creative and design quilts!
The Electric Quilt Company created a Youtube video that provides a good overview of this software:
If you have problems viewing this embedded video, here is a link to view it directly in Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y7UO9MZESZg
QDW allows kids of all ages to learn about designing quilts. And for kids, this can be a great way to draw them in to making quilts. And, of course it can be fun to color the blocks and quilts within the software, but you can also use this software to print out coloring pages!
Here are some insights from the EQ Team on QDW:
QDR is a software for beginning quilters and beginning computer users. It is an inexpensive way for you to try quilt designing on your computer for the first time. If you only need simple pieced blocks, straight/horizontal layouts, onpoint layouts, and want to play with color, then Quilt Design Wizard may be for you.
Start by selecting a layout style, mattress size, and block size. Then add borders. Quilt Design Wizard™ guides you stepbystep using an easy pointandclick method. Select from 200 quilt blocks colored with beautiful fabric and ready to set into your layout. Blocks are colorcoordinated in color families to help you choose blocks that work well together. You’ll be an instant designer with the Wizard’s help.
Print Patterns and Yardage. Color the borders and you’re ready to print! Quilt Design Wizard™ prints fabric yardage estimates, rotary cutting charts, and sewing instructions for each block. If you prefer templates or foundation piecing patterns, Quilt Design Wizard™ prints those too!
Do you see the possibilities of a kid you know designing quilts in the future? QDW could be a great tool to enable them to create!
You can find the Electric Quilt Company at:
Want to know how to join #SummerCamp?
Everyone is welcome to join #SummerCamp, but there have been a few changes due to lack of participation. To clarify, we’d love to have you participate but we no longer have a linky party to join, nor will there be prizes awarded at the end of this event. Participants are asked to share what they create on Facebook, Twitter and/or Instagram and use the Hashtag #SummerCamp.
Don’t forget you can also share any of your #SummerCamp projects in any of our weekly #CreativeGoodness Linky Parties. Everyone is invited to share any form of creativity in these parties that start on Fridays.
Here is a list of previous #SummerCamp posts:
- #CreativeGoodness with Sizzix Fabi and New Kid Giddy Dies – Plus A Giveaway
- #SummerCamp – Books with #KidFriendlyProjects from CT Publishing
- #SummerCamp – Creative Projects, by Heidi Boyd
- #SummerCamp – Fun With Creative Books From Design Originals
- #SummerCamp – Electric Quilt / Quilt Design Software
- #SummerCamp: Capturing Summer Memories and More with MyMemories Software…Freebies and a Giveaway
- #SummerCamp – Recycled Water Bottle Flowers
- #SummerCamp: Paper Bag Houses (Think of Villages)
- #SummerCamp – Marbled Clay Beads
- #Summer Camp – The Art of Zentangle
- #SummerCamp – Learn to Quilt with Eleanor Burns – New Color Wheel Quilt Pattern
- #SummerCamp – Rock Painting
- #SummerCamp – Learn Sewing and Quilting with the Fat Quarter Shop
- #SummerCamp – Get Quilting with Angela and Cloe
- #SummerCamp – Shrink It Fun
- #SummerCamp – Chalkboard Paint
- #SummerCamp – Clothespins
- #SummerCamp – Whimsical Designs Coloring Book
- #SummerCamp – Be Creative by Embellishing a Sun Visor
- #Summer Camp – Creative Fun For Kids with Patrick Lose
- Summer Camp: Creativity with Citrus Peel
- #SummerCamp: Fabric and Designs by Jamie Fingal for Hoffman Fabrics
- #SummerCamp: Building Traps
- #SummerCamp: Quilt Pattern: Timeless Treasures Fabric, Ship to Shore, by Nan Baker
- Summer Camp – Creativity with Toilet Paper Rolls (seriously)
- Summer Camp – A Kid’s Guide To Sewing
- Summer Camp – Wooden Spool Knitting
- Summer Camp – Kick off and Tutorial by Jenny Doan of Missouri Star Quilt Company with Shannon Fabrics
- Virtual Summer Camp For Creative Kids of All Ages – Coming Soon