I’m still learning WordPress and trying to figure out how to index my tutorials. For now, I’m playing with a widget.
Here is a list of My Tutorials:
- EQ8 – Tutorial: Design A Simple Baby Quilt
- #EQ25 Celebration – Tutorials, Inspiration, and Prizes – September
- 25 Years with the Electric Quilt Company – An #EQ25 Celebration With Prizes and More – and an EQ Tutorial too!
- #EQ25 – Tutorials to create more than quilts in EQ7
- #EQ25 – EQ7 Tutorial – Creating Colorwheels
- EQ Seasons Row-Along – Week #6/Reveal Week: Free Patterns, Giveaways, EQ Tutorials, Blog Hop, Fun and More
- EQStitch Tutorial – Part Two — Seasonal Design – Halloween Theme: Witches Hat and Text
- EQStitch Tutorial – Seasonal Design – Halloween Theme: Witches Hat and Text
- My Favorite Tutorials: Electric Quilt Software – original list
- EQ Photo Fun Blog Hop and Giveaway and EQ7 tutorial
- A Year of Red and White Quilt Challenges – Phase One – Quilt Show of Quilts Made Prior to 2014
- Day 4 – EQ Blog Hop – Red/White Quilts – How to modify existing blocks
- Day 3 – EQ Blog Hop Red/White Quilts – How to Create A Quilt in EQ7
- Day 2 – EQ Blog Hop Red/White Quilt – Tutorial to create blocks in EQ
- My Favorite Tutorials – Electric Quilt (EQ7)
- Beaquilter’s EQ Applique’d Animals Blog Hop – EQ7 Tutorial & Giveaway
- Fall Electric Quilt Blog Hop – Tutorial to use EQ7 to Make Wine Bottle Vests
- Fall EQ Blog Hop – Tutorial for using EQ7 for Glass Etching
- My Favorite Tutorials: Electric Quilt/EQ7 @ KISSED Quilts
- Sweet Lullaby Quilt Tutorial
- Breast Cancer Awareness Ribbon Quilt/Block Tutorial
- My Favorite Tutorials: EQ7 Creating blocks without drawing
- Tutorial: Creating Applique’ designs in EQ7 using AccuQuilt Dies
This post is dedicated to sharing My Favorite Tutorials for Electric Quilt Software. The EQ Team does a great job of providing educational information on their site, YouTube, blog and more, but there are also many wonderful EQ tutorials on blogs and various sites. While this page will periodically be updated to show SewCalGal’s favorite tutorials for EQ SW, I hope that if you have a favorite you’ll leave a comment with a link to your favorite tutorials.
I’m also an advocate of encouraging others to spend 15 minutes a day (or even a week, if that is all they can spare) to “play” with EQ software. You’ll be amazed how much you will learn in a short time and how much fun you’ll have. Many tutorials are written to where they are easy to start/stop and restart at any point in the tutorial but I also recommend that you repeat tutorials, a few times, to embed the lesson into your memory. It really begins to click quite soon and what you learn in one lesson quickly carries over to another lesson and within a short time you’ll be amazed how creative you feel in such robust quilt designing tools.
I hope you will will check out the tutorials that have become my favorites. Again, you need not do them all at once. But I am pretty confident that if go thru these tutorials you’ll be a Master with EQ software and have great fun along the way, as well as playing creatively with EQ software in the future. Heck, you may even become a professional quilt designer as there are truly many designers that now sell patterns that they designed in EQ software, even when they just learned this software in the last year or two. It really doesn’t take that long to learn…..15 minutes a day can make a big difference. And, I continually go back thru my list of favorite EQ tutorials to exercise my EQ skills. Great fun!
This list is in no special order, although I will admit that I encourage newbies to start with the Benni Harper Lessons @ Do You EQ (as well as the exercises in the manual that comes with EQ7). And, I highly recommend all of the EQ Educational Books as they are great learning resources and well worth the very reasonable price.
ELECTRIC QUILT SOFTWARE TUTORIALS
EQ also has excellent books to help you learn too!