First, I want to apologize as I’m late releasing this post. I had planned to release this yesterday, as I’ve scheduled all my Stitch A Longs this year for Saturdays. But, life got in the way and yesterday I was at the Craft and Hobby (aka CHA) Mega Trade Show. While, I’ll be sharing insights about the CHA shortly, today I’m officially kicking off our first Stitch A Long this year.
This #StitchAlong is for anyone interested in learning/improving their FMQ skills, while using the pattern and watching the video tutorials that are part of the Heart & Feather Wholecloth Quilt Workshop, with Leah Day. And, if you have already completed this workshop I’d be thrilled to have you share photos of what you created with us, in our Linky Party during this event. And, those that have already started, but may not have finished, are also invited to join and stitch along.
If you join me in this #StitchAlong, Leah Day will teach how to create trapunto, marking fabric, dense filler quilting, and so much more that will “ramp up” your quilting with a small quilt and just a little bit of time. I’ve also made arrangements for sponsored prizes that will be awarded mid-February, to those that participate.
Not sure, check out this video by Leah:
If you have problems viewing the above video in embedded mode, here is a link to watch it directly in Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JfrP9dnOdFQ
WHERE TO START?
Purchase the workshop from Leah Day Designs, to get the pattern for this beautiful whole cloth quilt, including a PDF instruction sheet and codes to watched secured video tutorials. You can pull supplies together from your stash, purchase from your favorite store, or buy a kit from Leah Day (limited supply of kits).
If you are on Facebook, join the group “Leah Day Quilting” where you can post photos of your progress, as well as questions. You’ll also find inspiration from other members and fans of Leah Day, as they share their work. And, you’ll learn about Leah’s new workshop “Machine Quilting Block Party“
Just so that you know, while you can stitch your Heart and Feather Wholecloth quilt at any pace you want, I’m shooting to have mine finished before Valentine’s Day. And, then I hope to join Leah’s new Machine Quilting Block Party, as I think I can catch up with it pretty quickly.
I opted to purchase the kit from Leah vs pull supplies from my stash. Certainly made it easy for me and I thought the kit was very economical too! Plus, she ships out super fast.
Check out Leah’s blog post and youtube videos to kickstart this quilt-along.
Leah has created 10 video lessons for this workshop (12 actual video tutorials). You can also download them to your computer, i-pad, tablet or other smart device. I really like this feature, as I can watch and learn even when I don’t have access to the internet.
This coming week, I plan to work thru the first 3 lessons, possibly the 4th. As mentioned previously, you can join this Stitch A Long and pursue Leah’s workshop at your own pace. Just remember to share as you stitch with us, as it is much more fun to virtually sew with others, than on our own.
DID I MENTION A LINKY PARTY?
DID I MENTION SPONSORED PRIZES?
Thanks to Martingale for sponsoring this Stitch A Long. The following prizes will be randomly awarded to WW participants:
Machine Quilting Made Easy, by Maurine Noble
Fun-Size Quilts: 17 Popular Designers Play With Fat Quarters, Compiled by Karen M. Burns
The Big Book of Nickel Quilts: 40 Projects for 5-inch Scraps, by Path Speth with Charlene Thode
RULES TO WIN A PRIZE:
- Join the Linky Party in any/all of the posts for this Stitch A Long, sharing your progress, a previously completed Heart and Feather Quilt, and hopefully your completed quilt during this event. To clarify, you can share weekly and the more weeks you participate, the more entries you get to win prizes.
- Bloggers are encouraged to share via their blog, with a link to the most current Stitch A Long blog post on QuiltShopGal. While not required, it is appreciated if you share the artwork for this event and encourage others to participate and/or come check out other sharing.
- Share in Leah Day’s facebook group and leave a comment on any of the posts for this event, stating the date you shared.
- Share on any social media tool (e.g. Instagram, Twitter, Facebook), using any/all of the #hashtags for this event (#quiltalong10, #StitchALong, #FMQStitchAlong) and leave a comment on any of the posts for this event, stating that you shared.
- While this event is open to WW participants, in 2016 QuiltShopGal will providefree shipping of prizes, that I ship directly to US Only winners. International winners will be required to pay a flat $20 postage fee. If the actual shipping is more, QuiltShopGal will pay the difference. If ithe actual cost is less, the funds will go into the 2016 postage expense fund to supplement such expenses in 2016. “Postage Angels” are also always appreciated and will be recognized in my blog posts for giveaways and/or events, where their donations are used to help offset shipping expenses of prizes this year. Of course, I also appreciate those that remember I’m an Affiliate of Craftsy and Amazon and when you click thru my site to make such a purchase, your price remains the same, but I “may” receive a small fee that I use to supplement postage expenses.
- One prize per participant. Winners will receive an email mid-February to notify them that they are a winner. I will do my best to match each winner with their favorite book, by asking them to list their top three choices. Based on first to respond to my email, will be matched to the available prize of their choice. Prizes that are not claimed will be used as prizes in future Stitch A Longs, or other events hosted by QuiltShopGal
You can find Leah at:
Don’t forget to check back weekly (on Saturdays unless I drop the ball), for sharing our Heart and Feather Wholecloth Quilt progress in this Stitch A Long. And, what ever you do, I hope you have a wonderful week with time to enjoy and create!
Here is a list of other posts for this #StitchALong Event:
[catlist name=quiltalong10 numberposts=5