#SummerCamp is all about creativity and having fun, for kids of all ages. My goal has to been to encourage you to find time to be creative with kids this summer, helping future generations of creativity – all forms of creativity! I’ve been showcasing some of my favorite tutorials, books and products that are #KidFriendly. And, our activity today utilizes easy to use and inexpensive software that allows you to create all sorts of things. While the possibilities are endless, I’m sharing a few ideas that I hope will inspire you to want you and your kids to be creative.
MyMemories software, is also an excellent tool for kids to be creative by capturing summer memories, getting ready to go back to school, and much more. There are endless layouts for capturing memories of your summer fun for digital scrapbooking, which you can also easily print on your home printer.
You can use your own clipart, or embellishments, backgrounds and more available in the MyMemories online store. These bookmarks were created in the MyMemories software using a dingbat font to create bookmarks that kids could color using pens and coloring pencils (or color within the software).
BTW – If you would like to download a PDF of these printable bookmarks, click here.
For those with electronic cutters (e.g. Sizzix Eclipse, Silhouette Cameo, Brother Scan-N-Cut, etc.) you can also create basic SVG shapes within the MyMemories software and cut your designs electronically. Email me if you want the SVG file to cut these bookmarks.
MyMemories Software allows you to be creative using designs that you may create, clipart you may find on the internet, as well as collections that you can purchase from their online store. They also have quite a few collections that you can download, for free, and use in their software. Of all their freebies, this week they have a page that I think is perfect for kids and a Back-to-School theme, but it could be used for so much more.
Did I Mention A Freebie???
While MyMemories has a large library of freebies, they have a special freebie that looks super cute and would make for a #KidFriendly project to capture and share back to school memories:
If you want this freebie, which is designed to be used within the MyMemories software, you will need a free account.
– click here to visit the MyMemories site and create a free account (if you do not yet have one).
– Click here if you want to download this one page element for use within MyMemories software.
– follow the steps that the website walks you thru to purchase and nothing will be charged to your account.
– After you have completed your purchase, this purchase (and any future purchase you make) will always be visible in your account. Just click the “my downloads” tab to view and download. But be aware the program to download this software is large and may take awhile, depending on your internet speed. Be prepared to let your computer run in download mode for awhile and follow the instructions providing by MyMemories to install on your computer.
Did I Mention A Giveaway???
MyMemories has generously sponsored a giveaway where five lucky followers of QuiltShopGal will each win a copy of the downloadable MyMemories Suite software version 6. Followers that want to enter this giveaway can complete the Rafflecopter Form below, to claim one or more of the options to enter. It really only takes one option to win, but for those that like to increase their odds, there are a variety of ways you can qualify for extra entries.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
I also want to disclose that I am an Affiliate for MyMemories software. I’ve been using this software for several years and honestly love it so much, that I became an affiliate. What that means is if you purchase this software by way of a link on my blog, you pay the same price, but I receive a small amount of money back and those funds are used to supplement postage expenses for when I ship prizes. But, as an Affiliate, I can also provide you a code to save $10 off your purchase. The base price of the software is $39.99, which is actually very reasonable, but the $10 savings makes this software a steal. If you wish to take advantage of this code and purchase this software, here are the details:
Just copy and paste the code STMMMS74482 and enter it during checkout to receive your $10 discount!
Don’t forget to use Code STMMMS74482 at checkout! And follow the instructions from MyMemories to download and install the software. They also have several tutorials to do this, but if you need help, let me know and I’ll gladly walk you thru the steps.
You can find MyMemories Software at:
Want to know how to join #SummerCamp?
Everyone is welcome to join #SummerCamp, but there have been a few changes due to lack of participation. To clarify, we’d love to have you participate but we no longer have a linky party to join, nor will there be prizes awarded at the end of this event. Participants are asked to share what they create on Facebook, Twitter and/or Instagram and use the Hashtag #SummerCamp.
Of course, I’d love to see what you create with your kids using MyMemories software. Feel free to also share your creativity anytime through our weekly #CreativeGoodness Linky Parties which I host every Friday. Creativity is endless with this software and I hope the different ways to share your creativity will also inspire you.
Here is a list of previous #SummerCamp posts:
- #CreativeGoodness with Sizzix Fabi and New Kid Giddy Dies – Plus A Giveaway
- #SummerCamp – Books with #KidFriendlyProjects from CT Publishing
- #SummerCamp – Creative Projects, by Heidi Boyd
- #SummerCamp – Fun With Creative Books From Design Originals
- #SummerCamp – Electric Quilt / Quilt Design Software
- #SummerCamp: Capturing Summer Memories and More with MyMemories Software…Freebies and a Giveaway
- #SummerCamp – Recycled Water Bottle Flowers
- #SummerCamp: Paper Bag Houses (Think of Villages)
- #SummerCamp – Marbled Clay Beads
- #Summer Camp – The Art of Zentangle