Welcome to another #SummerCamp where our activities today focus two new kid friendly books published by Design Originals.
Ice Princess Crafts, by Colleen Dorsey, is absolutely perfect for kids that enjoy dressing up as snow queens and snowmen. This book can help you and your kids create a variety of wintry capes, gowns, wands and more. They can learn to be creative sewing, braiding, painting and using glue to create fun items for parties and play, where their imagination can offer endless possibilities of sub-zero fantasies.
Craft Projects for Minecraft and Pixel Art Fans, by Choly Knight has 15 fun step-by-step projects that are perfect for kids of all ages, especially those that are Minecraft and Pixel Art Fans. Projects range from toys, jewelry, wearables, and accessories, based on popular video games, using materials such as perler beads, duct tape, paper crafting, sewing and crocheting.
While I think these books would make for a great summertime activity, to help your kids be creative, the projects in these book would be fun to make anytime of the year. Thus, these books would also make a great gift for any reason.
Design Originals also has many other wonderful books for kids of all ages. You can often find these books at craft stores, sewing stores, quilt shops and, of course, Amazon. But you can also order from their online store.
You can find Design Originals at:
Want to know how to join #SummerCamp?
Everyone is welcome to join #SummerCamp, but there have been a few changes due to lack of participation. To clarify, we’d love to have you participate but we no longer have a linky party to join, nor will there be prizes awarded at the end of this event. Participants are asked to share what they create on Facebook, Twitter and/or Instagram and use the Hashtag #SummerCamp.
Don’t forget you can also share any of your #SummerCamp projects in any of our weekly #CreativeGoodness Linky Parties. Everyone is invited to share any form of creativity in these parties that start on Fridays.
Here is a list of previous #SummerCamp posts:
- #CreativeGoodness with Sizzix Fabi and New Kid Giddy Dies – Plus A Giveaway
- #SummerCamp – Books with #KidFriendlyProjects from CT Publishing
- #SummerCamp – Creative Projects, by Heidi Boyd
- #SummerCamp – Fun With Creative Books From Design Originals
- #SummerCamp – Electric Quilt / Quilt Design Software
- #SummerCamp: Capturing Summer Memories and More with MyMemories Software…Freebies and a Giveaway
- #SummerCamp – Recycled Water Bottle Flowers
- #SummerCamp: Paper Bag Houses (Think of Villages)
- #SummerCamp – Marbled Clay Beads
- #Summer Camp – The Art of Zentangle
- #SummerCamp – Learn to Quilt with Eleanor Burns – New Color Wheel Quilt Pattern
- #SummerCamp – Rock Painting
- #SummerCamp – Learn Sewing and Quilting with the Fat Quarter Shop
- #SummerCamp – Get Quilting with Angela and Cloe
- #SummerCamp – Shrink It Fun
- #SummerCamp – Chalkboard Paint
- #SummerCamp – Clothespins
- #SummerCamp – Whimsical Designs Coloring Book
- #SummerCamp – Be Creative by Embellishing a Sun Visor
- #Summer Camp – Creative Fun For Kids with Patrick Lose
- Summer Camp: Creativity with Citrus Peel
- #SummerCamp: Fabric and Designs by Jamie Fingal for Hoffman Fabrics
- #SummerCamp: Building Traps
- #SummerCamp: Quilt Pattern: Timeless Treasures Fabric, Ship to Shore, by Nan Baker
- Summer Camp – Creativity with Toilet Paper Rolls (seriously)
- Summer Camp – A Kid’s Guide To Sewing
- Summer Camp – Wooden Spool Knitting
- Summer Camp – Kick off and Tutorial by Jenny Doan of Missouri Star Quilt Company with Shannon Fabrics
- Virtual Summer Camp For Creative Kids of All Ages – Coming Soon