The Quilt Show (aka TQS) is like an online magazine with 100 times more #CreativeGoodness! TQS is an internet based TV Show and host of a world wide quilting community. For those that may not be familiar with TQS, here are some highlights:
- Two forms of subscription membership:
- Great Daily Blog open to everyone!
Needless to say, QuiltShopGal is a big fan of The Quilt Show and highly recommends Star Membership. But, at a minimum, if you are not a member, I encourage you to sign up for Free access and take advantage of watching the free shows, which currently include:
- Show 1601 – Trunk Show, Travel Talk, and Tools & Techniques with Lynette Anderson
- Show 1202 – Make it Modern! with Jacque Gering
- Show 913 – TQS Quilting Legend 2011 with Eleanor Burns
- Show 906 – From Music to Masterpiece: A New Perspective on Design with Katie Pasquini Masopust
I was absolutely thrilled with this episode and wanted to share a few highlights with you today:
- This was Cindy’s second time on TQS. Her first time is episode 202, which is viewable to ALL Star members. It was fun to hear Cindy’s thoughts on how she has grown as a quilter since the previous episode, as well as how she always pushes herself to continue to learn.
- There was a Gallery of Cindy’s beautiful quilts and Cindy shared insights on many of these quilts, including the amazing story of The Nun’s Quilt along with recent information about this quilt story!
- Cindy shares insights on how she creates stunning free-motion quilting designs, using her technique for designing and marking. She has recently created the Ultimate Stencil set that enables you to also create your own designs and she shares amazing tips in this episode!
- As a Thread Bartender, Cindy shares tips for thread selection for stitching on solids vs prints, as well as using variegated threads and other specialty threads.
Bari J Ackerman, a designer for Art Gallery Fabrics shared insight on herself, as a fabric designer as well as showed how she creates a fabric collage by fussy cutting fabric flowers, cutting out a vase, arranging the fabric pieces and, as well as how she free-motion quilts to make beautiful table runners or wallhangings.
This is a wonderful episode that I thoroughly enjoyed viewing and also learned so many tips! I hope you get to watch it soon too! I’m sure you’ll also enjoy it and learn a few new tricks too!
For those participating in the 2015 Free-Motion Quilting Challenge, Cindy Needham will be the expert showcased in May. Those that watch the current TQS episode with Cindy will pick up great tips and inspiration for using her new Ultimate Stencils, which will be one of the options to enter the May FMQ Challenge! This is truly an amazing stencil set where the possibilities for creating beautiful free-motion quilting are endless and it is also for sale at a very reasonable price via Cindy’s online store. I LOVE this stencil and highly recommend it!
You can find The Quilt Show at:
You can find Cindy Needham at:
You can find Bari J. Ackerman at:
This coming Saturday is National Quilting Day, but QuiltShopGal and TQS celebrate International Quilting Day on Saturday. I hope you’ll come join us this weekend for some quilty fun and giveaways. I’ll share the details on Saturday, but those that follow the TQS blog and/or newsletter subscribers may have already heard some sneak peaks. Definitely going to be a fun weekend, so block your calendar for a quilty day, or better yet, a quilty weekend.