Welcome to the 2nd Linky Party for the Ultimate Quilting Challenge, hosted by QuiltShopGal this summer. This 2nd of three Linky Parties is all about doodling/sketching on paper, your free-motion quilting design ideas for The Ultimate Stencil Collections. This is a great way to build up your muscle memory for free-motion quilting such designs, as well as a great way to inspire others thru your sharing. And, by sharing in our Linky Party you are automatically entered to win prizes in this challenge!
Our sponsors for this event include, but are not limited to:
Our Linky Parties are open up to bloggers and non-bloggers, but please take time to read the entire blog post, especially the rules, before you add a link, or you may find your entry is removed.
RULES TO ENTER THIS CHALLENGE:
- Bloggers and non-bloggers are eligible to enter:
- Bloggers need to share their entry in a current post, dated during this event (links to old posts will be removed). Not required, but appreciated if you also let others know about this Ultimate FMQ Challenge and include a link in your post. Of course, you can share more than one doodle/sketch design idea with as many photos and insights as you wish to share, but only one link per person.
- Non-Bloggers have a variety of ways to share, but they need to ensure that they only share one link in the linky post. Depending on the tool you use to share, you can reference that you are participating in this event and clarify if you have additional photos that can be viewed. For example, if you upload to Flickr you can link one picture, but share more via a folder, just be sure your security is open to anyone to view. You can also share via uploading to Pinterest, or other free online sites, but you do need to ensure the site you upload your photo entry is open so that anyone can view it. To eliminate the risk of having your link deleted, consider asking others to check for you.
- You can only share doodle/sketch design ideas that you have sketched on paper using The Ultimate Stencil Collection and/or The Ultimate Background Stencil Collection. But you can incorporate any FMQ motif with these stencil designs that you wish. To clarify, you need not stitch your ideas out on fabric.
- When you share a project in any of the three Linky Parties for this event you are giving permission for QuiltShopGal and Cindy Needham to share a picture of your project, to recognize you, on our blogs, Pinterest, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram accounts.
- Prizes will be randomly awarded the last week of September.
OTHER LINKY PARTIES PLANNED FOR THIS CHALLENGE:
- LINKY PARTY #1 – VIRTUAL QUILT SHOW – PROJECTS MADE PRIOR TO THIS CHALLENGE can be shared in a Linky Party that kicked off June 15th. Projects can be any size, any style, but need to incorporate the FMQ based on The Ultimate Stencil Collection and/or The Ultimate Background Stencil Collections. And, of course, you can incorporate any FMQ design with these stencils that you wish.
- LINKY PARTY #3 – VIRTUAL QUILT SHOW – PROJECTS MADE THIS SUMMER Kicks off August 15th, with a Linky Party, for those that create a project, of any size, any style this summer and show that you have used one or more of the stencils, from the Ultimate Stencil Collection, by Cindy Needham. Don’t overlook the fact you can start working on your project now, as you need not wait to August 15th to start!
- VOTING FOR YOUR FAVORITE Quilts (from all Linky Parties during this event) will be held the week of September 19th.
- Prizes randomly awarded the last week of September.
To clarify all entries must incorporate The Ultimate Stencil Collection and/ or The Ultimate Background Stencil Collection, by Cindy Needham. For sketching and doodling everyone can dowload the FREE handout from Cindy, which includes the Master circle and square template from the Ultimate Stencil Collection, which you can copy and use to doodle/sketch out FMQ design ideas from Cindy, shared by others, and hopefully also create your own design ideas to share in this challenge.
The design possibilities are endless with these stencils. Cindy also has a great collection of inspirational ideas for these stencils on Pinterest.
There are many prizes that our generous sponsors have donated, including some great prizes that will be eligible for International participants, not just US Only participants. A detailed list of prizes is at the bottom of this post.
PRIZES FOR THE ULTIMATE FREE-MOTION QUILTING CHALLENGE THIS SUMMER:
Note: We hope you are inspired to participate in this event to learn/improve your FMQ skills and have fun, not just to win prizes. On the other hand, we have some very generous sponsors who have donated amazing prizes that will be awarded to those that participate in one or all of these events. To clarify, the more events you participate in the more chances you’ll have to win prizes. You may also win prizes for Viewer’s Choice, which will open in September for all three Linky Parties.
|Martingale||Five new release books (to be announced later this summer)
QuiltShopGal will ship these prizes, one each, to five lucky winners. A maximum of 1 winner will be an International winner, with a minimum of 4 winners that are US only residents.
|Prize #1, #2, #3, #4, #5|
|Craftsy||A Craftsy class of your choice. This prize is open to WW participants.||Prize #6 winner – Tba|
|FabricWorm|| A Fat Quarter bundle of Birch Fabrics. Specific details are not yet available, but bundle is estimated at $35-95.
This prize is open to WW participants.
|Prize #7 winner – Tba|
|Inspired LED||5 LED kits, one each
These prizes are open to US only participants.
|Prize #8, #9, #10, #11, #12 winner – Tba|
|Robert Kaufman Fabrics||A beautiful bundle of Radiance, 1 yard cuts of four different colors. This prize is open to US only participants.||Prize #13 winner – Tba|
|Aurifil|| Sewn Desert thread collection:
– 1 large Spool collection
– 1 small spool collection
These prizes are open to WW participants.
|Prize #14, and 15 winner – Tba|
|SewSteady||Ruler Foot and templates for FMQ with a ruler on a domestic machine. As the ruler foot is machine specific, the winner will receive a gift certificate that they can redeem for this prize. More details on this prize will be shared shortly.||Prize #16 – winner tba|
PR Angels that can help spread the word about this 2016 Free-Motion Quilting Summer Challenge are certainly appreciated.
If you have any questions, please email me and I will try to get back to you as quickly as I can, but be prepared it may be 7-10 days before you hear back from me. Thus, I also encourage you to add a comment on this post and I’m hoping others may also help out by replying to your comment, should I not be able to respond in a timely manner (bless those that help others).
Here is a list of previous posts #UltimateQuiltingChallenge: