Welcome to the 3rd Linky Party for the Ultimate Quilting Challenge, hosted by QuiltShopGal this summer. This parties is all about learning/improving your FMQ skills by using any/all of the Ultimate Stencil Collections on any project, including a practice quilt sandwich, this summer. To clarify, you get to make the decision to use a UFO that needs quilting, a pieced, applique’, or whole cloth quilt. You can even create a new project specific for this challenge, or do something simple on a practice quilt sandwich. Your entry can be simple, with minimal quilting or dense, with plenty of stitching. Again, totally up to you as I simply want everyone to practice, learn, have fun and inspire.
Sponsors for this event include:
Let the Party begin! Please be sure to read the rules before you add an entry to this Linky Party #3. This event is open to bloggers and non-bloggers, all around the world.
RULES TO ENTER THIS CHALLENGE:
- Bloggers and non-bloggers are eligible to enter:
- Bloggers need to share their entry in a current post, dated during this event (links to old posts will be removed). Not required, but appreciated if you also let others know about this Ultimate FMQ Challenge and include a link in your post. Of course, you can share more than one doodle/sketch design idea with as many photos and insights as you wish to share, but only one link per person.
- Non-Bloggers have a variety of ways to share, but they need to ensure that they only share one link in the linky post. Depending on the tool you use to share, you can reference that you are participating in this event and clarify if you have additional photos that can be viewed. For example, if you upload to Flickr you can link one picture, but share more via a folder, just be sure your security is open to anyone to view. You can also share via uploading to Pinterest, or other free online sites, but you do need to ensure the site you upload your photo entry is open so that anyone can view it. To eliminate the risk of having your link deleted, consider asking others to check for you.
- For this linky party, you need to share any project, any style, any size that you quilted this summer using any of the Ultimate Stencil collections by Cindy Needham. You can even do FMQ on a practice piece and enter. And projects need not be completed, but should have enough quilted to clearly show you have used any of the Ultimate Stencils.
- When you share a project in any of the three Linky Parties for this event you are giving permission for QuiltShopGal and Cindy Needham to share a picture of your project, to recognize you, on our blogs, Pinterest, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram accounts.
- Prizes will be randomly awarded the last week of September.
To clarify all entries must incorporate The Ultimate Stencil Collection and/ or The Ultimate Background Stencil Collection, by Cindy Needham. Of course, you can also incorporate other FMQ motifs, as desired.
For a complete list of prizes for this event, visit the Main Page which you can find underneath the blog header labeled “The Ultimate Quilting Challenge 2016“.
If you have any questions, please email me. I also encourage you to add a comment on this post and I’m hoping others may also help out by replying to your comment, should I not be able to respond in a timely manner (bless those that help others).
Don’t forget there are three linky parties, three ways you can enter the 2016 Ultimate Quilting Challenge to win one or more prizes, but you have to enter by September 15th.
Here is a list of previous posts #UltimateQuiltingChallenge: